(To recognize those full-time students who enter the University of Manitoba with a minimum 95% final high school average (based on the courses used for entrance scholarship purposes) as President’s Scholars.)
There is no cash component for the first year of study at the University of Manitoba. (see Eligibility section).
Recipients must be undergraduate students who:
(1) are either Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents or International students (i.e., those entering Canada on study permits)
(2) are enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the first year of study in University 1 or any faculty, college or school at the University of Manitoba;
(3) as entering students, have achieved a minimum 95% final average as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards office for entrance scholarship purposes;
President’s Scholars will be eligible for a number of benefits in every eligible year of study, such as: priority registration, notation on the university transcript, access to the President’s Scholars Study Lounge, other events sponsored by the Office of the President, and University of Manitoba faculties.
The scholarships are renewable in each of the second, third, and fourth years of study, and will have a monetary value of $1,000 each, as well as the benefits listed above, provided that the recipient:
(1) is enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the next consecutive year of study in any faculty, college, or school at the University of Manitoba; and
(2) as continuing students, have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 4.0 based on course work completed during the regular academic sessions.
Faculty(ies):Not specific to faculties/colleges/schools Students with disabilities Indigenous Students
Program(s):Open to All International Students
Major(s):Open to All
Information current as of May 19, 2022 @ 1:17 and is subject to change
The Financial Aid & Awards Database includes information on all active, senate-approved, undergraduate and graduate awards administered by the University of Manitoba.
Information provided is correct and accurate as of the date of inquiry but may be subject to change. In the event of a discrepancy between the database and the Financial Aid & Awards Office, information presented by Award Officers at the Financial Aid & Awards Office shall prevail.