( Entrance Scholarship for residents of northern Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario, who are entering their first year of studies at the University of Manitoba.)
Number of awards:
For residents of northern Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario who are entering their first year of studies at the University of Manitoba, one scholarship is offer to an undergraduate student who:
(1) has graduated from a high school in northern Manitoba or Thunder Bay, Ontario;
(2) has achieved a minimum 70% average on the best five courses appearing on the list of acceptable courses for the University of Manitoba General Entrance Scholarship Program;
(3) is admitted to the University of Manitoba, directly from high school;
(4) will be enrolled full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the first year of study in University 1 or any faculty, college, or school with a Direct Entry option at the University of Manitoba.
Based on the following order of preference:
(1) graduates from Churchill, Manitoba
(2) graduates from the rest of northern Manitoba
(3) graduates from Thunder Bay, Ontario
For the purpose of this award, northern Manitoba includes the following cities: Churchill, Flin Flon, Gillam, Gods River, Grand Rapids, Granville Lake, Ilford, Leaf Rapids, Lynn Lake, Mystery Lake, Snow Lake, South Indian Lake, The Pas, and Thompson.
Faculty(ies):Not specific to faculties/colleges/schools Students with disabilities Indigenous Students
Program(s):Open to All International Students
Major(s):Open to All
Information current as of May 19, 2022 @ 0:55 and is subject to change
The Financial Aid & Awards Database includes information on all active, senate-approved, undergraduate and graduate awards administered by the University of Manitoba.
Information provided is correct and accurate as of the date of inquiry but may be subject to change. In the event of a discrepancy between the database and the Financial Aid & Awards Office, information presented by Award Officers at the Financial Aid & Awards Office shall prevail.