Walter and Maria Schroeder Foundation Scholarship
(To provide renewable entrance scholarships to students.)
Number of awards:
The fund will be used to provide renewable entrance scholarships for students graduating from St. John’s High School, Sisler High School, and Daniel McIntyre Collegiate Institute.
Each student must:
(1) be enrolled full time (minimum 80% course load) in either the Faculty of Engineering, the I.H. Asper School of Business, the Faculty of Science, or University 1 at the University of Manitoba;
(2) have achieved a minimum average of 85% on the best five courses appearing on the list of acceptable courses for the University of Manitoba General Entrance Scholarship Program;
(3) have demonstrated a willingness to encourage students from their high school to pursue post-secondary education;
(4) be committed to participating in the Walter and Maria Schroeder Mentorship Program.
Preference will be given to students who are Canadian Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit).
The scholarship is renewable at the value initially offered in the second, third, and fourth year of study at the University of Manitoba provided that the recipients:
(1) continue to enroll full-time (minimum 80% course load) in the next ensuing year of study in either the Faculty of Engineering, the I.H. Asper School of Business, or the Faculty of Science – Computer Science;
(2) have achieved a minimum sessional grade point average of 3.5.
Faculty(ies):Faculty of Engineering, I.H. Asper School of Business, Faculty of Science, University 1 Students with disabilities Indigenous Students
Program(s):Open to All International Students
Major(s):Open to All
Applicants are required to submit an application, which consists of: a) three letters of recommendation: one from the School Principal, one from a Student Guidance Counsellor, and one from a teacher,
b) a statement (maximum 500 words) that outlines how they have demonstrated a willingness to encourage students from their high school to pursue post-secondary education and be committed to participating in the Walter and Maria Schroeder Mentorship Program
c) a signed Walter and Maria Schroeder Mentorship Program Commitment Form.
Information current as of May 19, 2022 @ 0:37 and is subject to change
The Financial Aid & Awards Database includes information on all active, senate-approved, undergraduate and graduate awards administered by the University of Manitoba.
Information provided is correct and accurate as of the date of inquiry but may be subject to change. In the event of a discrepancy between the database and the Financial Aid & Awards Office, information presented by Award Officers at the Financial Aid & Awards Office shall prevail.